Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

{Bar Party}



It's finally here! You've been hearing me talk about it forever now, and finally, it happened!

The Bean's Super, Epic 16th Birthday Party was held last night.

Lemme get right down to it, here's what I did.

It was a Bar Party. Not THAT kind of Bar, food bars. Fix your own, do it your way, have it how you like it food bar.

Here's the downlow.



Nacho Bar:

3 kinds of tortillas, cheese dip, queso cheese dip, refried beans, taco meat, jalapenos, sour cream, tomatoes, green onion, shredded Colby Jack cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese.


 
Snow Cone Bar:

Peach Mango, Grape, Strawberry, Strawberry Lemonade, Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Watermelon.


I totally ran out of time to make the cute labels I showed in the Snow Cone recipe post!

How to make your own syrup.  



Potato Bar:


Baked and Mashed Potatoes, Butter, Sour Cream, Bacon, Broccoli, Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Cheese Sauce, Green Onion, Cheddar Jack Cheese.


My potatoes were already baked, though I'm sure if you look on the internet you can find out how to bake them in the crockpot.




Cupcake Bar:

Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes with toppings

Mini Chocolate Chips, Mini White Chocolate Chips, Kit Kats, Sixlets, M&Ms, Turtle Crunch Sprinkles, Rainbow nonpareils, Rainbow Jimmies, Sanding Sugar, Reese's Cups, Crunch Bars, Oreos, Chocolate Syrup, Whipped Topping
.

Here's the photo booth

(learn how to make your own here)




The goodies (we had black lights set up, thus all the neon)

Headboppers, glow braclets/necklaces, finger lights, sparklers, fedoras, sunglasses



Fun with sparklers happened


sparkler fun

 infinity sign


2015
(Bean's Graduation Year)


2013 compliments of this year's newly graduated seniors!

They had a lot of fun with the glow items, the sparklers, playing Capture the Flag, Ghost in the Graveyard, and Beach Ball Volleyball, but the REAL hits of the night were the food bars!

Food Bars are so easy and so much fun. The possibilities are endless!

This isn't the first and certainly will not be the last time I do bars.

Give it a try. I'm sure it'll be a huge hit at your party too!

You can totally dress this up for showers too, just put all the toppings in cute containers with labels. I had planned on doing that for this party, but ran out of time. I don't think the 20 teenagers here minded though!

I'm calling this Super 16 birthday party an Epic Success. Or as Bean so eloquently put it:

"It was AWESOMETACULAR!"

 Tina

 

Linked up at 30 Handmade Days Pity Party 

17 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! So glad you had such fun! One of my favorite parties was a Burger Bar. But we've also done Taco Bars, Pizza Bars, Sundae Bars, etc. Always a big hit, not matter the age group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, awesome ideas! Tell me, how many crock-pots did you have to borrow? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    All of the crock pots were my mom's. Hilarious, right??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you bake the potatos 1st then throw them into the crock pot to keep warm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the potatoes were pre-baked. I should add that to my post.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how to bake potatoes in a crock pot: http://cookandcraftmecrazy.blogspot.jp/2013/05/crock-pot-baked-potatoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have inspired me to have my son's birthday at home and make it a "bar party". You have such excellent ideas and it all looked sooo good! Thank you for taking the time to share. I'll be pinning this so that I can go back and review before my son's party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I'm sure he will have a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea!!! My daughter's sweet 16 is coming up in September and I'm *hoping* she will like this theme! Thank you for sharing :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking a hot dog party for dd but now with all of these ideas; it will be so hard to choose. Maybe Hot dog and Nacho bar. :) Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just did the hot dog and nacho bar at our youth service this past Saturday! It was awesome! And such an easy way to feed a ton of people..lol..

      Delete
  11. Oh, this is the CUTEST thing ever! I love food bars of all kinds. I found this via Pinterest, but the link of course wasn't to your post... I had to look really hard to find your original post here, but now I'm pinning your REAL post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for searching for it, Kelly :) I love Pinterest... most of the time ;)

      Delete
  12. What was the pricing on this? Would love to know how much something like this would cost! And how many people it fed!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This idea is,absolutely awesome. I am going to try one at Thanksgiving. Wish me Luck.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...