Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Friday, February 17, 2012

{ Buckeye Cupcakes }



I'm from Ohio.

We love all things Buckeye.

However, I always wonder about naming things "Buckeye" on my blog because most people outside Ohio say, "Buck...WHAT?".

A buckeye is a nut.

And yes, it is poisonous.

At some point in time a highly intelligent Ohioan decided, poison or not, that since a Buckeye is brown and tan, it made perfect sense to call all things chocolate and peanut butter "Buckeye".

Yeah, believe me, I'm as confused as you are.

Here's my original post on Buckeyes.

Huh.

Anyway, for this recipe you'll need chocolate cupcakes.

As I've said before, this is a great cake, but you can also use any darn box mix or recipe of your choosing.

It's all about the icing people!


This is actually a combination of 2 icings that I have already posted.

They come together deliciously on this one cupcake!

First, make up some Peanut Butter Buttercream.

  Then drizzle with this decadent Chocolate Glaze shown at the bottom of this post.

And... that's it!

Doesn't matter if you call it a Buckeye Cupcake or a Chocolate Cupcake with Peanut Butter Buttercream and Chocolate Glaze.

Wait, Buckeye Cupcake is MUCH easier.

You might wanna stick with that.

8 comments:

  1. I love Buckeyes! I used to live in Ohio for drum corps and I'm a big Buckeyes fan. The Mr.'s whole family is from Cleveland, so they liked me right away. I make buckeyes every year for the game against that state up north. Thanks for giving me a new way to get my favorite flavor combo fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Buckeyes! I used to live in Ohio for drum corps and I'm a big Buckeyes fan. The Mr.'s whole family is from Cleveland, so they liked me right away. I make buckeyes every year for the game against that state up north. Thanks for giving me a new way to get my favorite flavor combo fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of these, but it looks really yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not from OH but I absolutely adore Buckeyes!!!! Of course anything chocolate and peanut butter gets my vote:-) These cupcakes look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree call it what you will, it looks delicious! I love peanut butter and chocolate, so I am sure that peanut butter butter cream must be heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing. Whatever it means, it tastes awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower from It's a Keeper. I love dessert, too!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...