Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Really, I don’t know why…

But around these parts… we don’t Trick or Treat on Halloween. 

Or on the Saturday prior to Halloween.

Or on the Friday… 

No, it’s the Thursday before Halloween. Every year, without fail, since I was a kid. No one knows why. It’s just a fact of life. 

I’m just happy that they don’t decide Christmas Eve should be in November. 

I haven’t had Trick or Treaters for years. I mean, years and years. In fact, the last Trick or Treaters I had are now mommies themselves. This makes me sound extremely old. I don’t like the way that sounds. I’m not that old. No, really, I’m not. I’m still a few years away from 40. I married young. This sounds like I’m making up a story, but it’s the truth.

Now that I’m through defending my age to the interwebs, I’ll get on to my point.

I’m the Queen of Babble. You’ll soon realize this. And I’m random.

Wait.. what was I saying?

Oh… yeah, Trick or Treat. I knew I had some cuties landing on my doorstep tonight, and, as sad as it sounds, I was excited.

We are country folk. 
We don’t get out much.

Since all of the mommies who were coming knew me, it was safe to bake cookies for the treats! 

I just whipped up the same recipe I posted last night and threw in some fall M&Ms, bagged, tied, and voila!
No tricks just treats!

TorTreats

I had a cache of store bought candies in case someone who didn’t know me showed up. They never did.

I feed all of the cute critters plus the mommies (and the one daddy) that showed up. 
I daresay they’ll be back next year.
On a Thursday.

With a whisk and a dream and happily treat or treated… Tina

2 comments:

  1. Alright, it's decided. Every time I need a laugh or a smile, I'm coming to Tina's blog. Reading your posts just makes me so darn happy! :D

    The cookies yummy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should say the cookies LOOK yummy and delicious! So much for proofreading. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...